William F. Flynn, Jr., MD, FAAOS
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Board-Certified: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellowship: Joint Replacement, The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Residency: Orthopaedics, The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Internship: General Surgery, Cornell University Medical Center, The New York Hospital, New York, NY
- MD: Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY
- BA: Classics, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Hospital Appointments: Chief of Staff & OR Director, Waterbury Hospital; Attending surgeon, Saint Mary’s Hospital; former Chief of Orthopedics, Saint Mary’s Hospital, Waterbury, CT
- Hospital Affiliations: Waterbury Hospital; Saint Mary’s Hospital, Waterbury, CT; Southington Surgery Center, Southington, CT
- Office locations:
Waterbury: 500 Chase Parkway
Southbury: 2 Pomeraug Office Park, Ste 308
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
William Flynn, MD, an orthopaedic surgeon on NOSS’ multispecialty team of physicians and other providers, specializes in joint reconstruction and sports medicine. He is the only surgeon in greater Waterbury area with ACGME fellowship training in joint replacement surgery. With this unique distinction and his advanced training, Dr. Flynn performs both simple and complex reconstruction of hip, knee and shoulder, including joint replacement and joint resurfacing. He is also well known for his research and published works in peer-reviewed orthopaedic and medical journals, contributions to orthopaedic texts, and his presentations throughout the US.
A team physician for several area high schools, Dr. Flynn believes that, depending on the specifics of any injury or condition, both surgical and nonsurgical treatment options must be considered. He also knows the importance of the doctor-patient relationship to the healing process and the patient’s ability to return to life… and to the game with peak performance. His clinical interests include metabolic bone disease, osteoporosis and the impact of exercise and fitness on orthopaedic and general health.
For more about William F. Flynn, Jr., MD, FAAOS or to schedule an appointment, call 203-755-6677 (NOSS) or toll-free at 1-800-463-8764. You can also request an appointment via our easy online form.